Embrace Your Natural Beauty and Get Ready To Glow
Makeup is used to highlight your best features and express your creativity. While it’s undoubtedly fun to create different looks and try new products, makeup isn't for everyone, and sometimes even the most enthusiastic cosmetic lover needs a break. Our skin can become irritated after too much makeup use, and morning routines often need to be streamlined.
Luckily, nobody needs makeup to look amazing. Take a break and embrace your natural beauty by trying some of the tips mentioned in our tutorial on how to look pretty without makeup.
How to look good without makeup
Your natural features make you uniquely pretty. The best way to highlight these is with a proper skin and hair-care routine.
- Cleanse and moisturize every morning and night. This routine keeps skin clear and hydrated to avoid blemishes and dryness.
- Exfoliate once a week to avoid breakouts and even out your skin tone.
- Use nourishing hair care products designed for your hair type so your hair looks great with minimal styling. We recommend finding sulfate-free products that won’t strip your hair. Brush gently when detangling, and apply a heat protectant when styling with hot tools.
- Use gentle products for your skin and hair to keep everything happy and healthy. We recommend fragrance-free, non-comedogenic products that are free of harsh chemicals. For sensitive skin, try sticking to clean beauty brands.
- Remember your sunscreen. Sun damage can result in dry skin and hair, painful sunburns, fine lines, dark spots, and cancer. We recommend using a daily SPF product like BeautyBio’s The Perfector 4-1 Tinted SPF.
- Massage your face thoroughly with a face massager or your hands when applying moisturizer and sunscreen to increase blood flow and circulation.
- Use an eyelash curler to draw attention to your eyes without using mascara or other eye makeup.
- Get a good sleep. It’s called beauty sleep for a reason: It helps you avoid tired skin and dark circles under your eyes. Keep a consistent sleep schedule to help your body recover from a long day.
- Wear your favorite outfit. Feeling your best doesn’t require makeup. A great outfit boosts confidence and allows you to show off your style.
While the above tips can help you look naturally beautiful every day, remember that beauty is subjective. If you love wearing creative, bold makeup looks, go for it. If you’d rather wake up and get out the door rocking makeup-free skin, you do you. There’s no winner between wearing makeup versus no makeup.
Enjoy the confidence that comes from embracing your uniqueness and you’ll look beautiful every day.
People also ask
How do I style my natural hair?
Here are a few tips for making the most of the hair your mama gave ya.
- Identify your hair type. Styling your natural hair starts with properly taking care of it. Note whether your hair is straight or curly, thick or thin, dry or oily. Learn about hair care techniques best for your hair type and use products designed for your hair.
- Use anti-frizz products. Frizz ruins any hairstyle, so a great way to style your natural hair is to tame it. Use a leave-in conditioner or flyaway treatment to smooth your locks.
- Use hot tools. You don’t need to color your hair to change it up — use hot tools to curl or straighten it. Remember to use a heat protectant before starting.
- Try fun updos. A great way to quickly style your natural hair is with a fun updo. Try a sky-high ponytail or a fun braided hairstyle to amp up your look.
How do I look pretty without makeup in five minutes?
Here’s a great five-minute routine for those busy mornings.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer, massaging your face to improve skin tone.
- Brush your hair, softening the ends with a gentle hair serum.
- Wear an outfit that makes you feel happy and confident.
- Apply lip balm to hydrate your lips and add a touch of shine.
In what order do you apply skincare products?
It’s best to apply skincare products from thinnest to thickest, with some exceptions. Cleanser is typically first, then serum or toner (sometimes thinner than cleansers), moisturizer, and sunscreen.
How to be pretty naturally
The best way to look great naturally is… you already do! To build confidence in your own skin, we recommend perfecting your skincare routine and noting outfits that make you feel your best.
To learn more about the skincare products, hair-care routines, and simple makeup items that’ll work best for you, check out video reviews on Flip. Our community shares genuine, insightful content about the beauty industry’s most popular brands so you can feel excited and confident about your next purchase. Want to see Flip Shop app reviews? App Store is your destination!