Make Your Color Last With These Shampoos and Conditioners
While products are getting increasingly gentle, it’s still inevitable that dying your hair will damage it. Bleach is especially harmful, causing dryness, frizz, and split ends. Plus, professionally dying your hair is expensive, so you’ll want that color to last as long as possible.
The best way to treat colored hair and enjoy long-lasting saturation is by incorporating daily hair care products catered to damaged locks. These are the best shampoos and conditioners for colored hair.
This gentle cleanser dissolves build-up to repair damaged hair with every cleanse. It moisturizes and nourishes all hair types. Keratin protein seals the hair cuticle for stronger strands, and boba seed oil and grapefruit extract add vibrancy and shine. Plus, it’s paraben-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
This rich, luxurious conditioner revives damaged hair in just a couple uses. The nourishing formula reconstructs frayed cuticles and brittle ends, leaving hair feeling soft, hydrated, and smooth. Plus, it has a refreshing citrus and coconut scent.
This powerful duo is the foundation of any hair care routine. The hydrating shampoo deeply cleanses to remove build-up, while the conditioner adds softness, moisture, and shine. Both products work to repair hair bonds to reduce the appearance of split ends and banish frizzy hair.
This sulfate-free shampoo is made without harsh ingredients that strip hair color. The color-care formula contains botanical extracts to add shine and reduce color fading. It also protects hair from UV damage.
This color-protecting shampoo is perfect for bleached or highlighted hair. Christophe Robin is an experienced colorist, so all products are designed with color-treated strands in mind. The formula contains nourishing ingredients for soft, frizz-free hair while protecting color longer than most products, making this one of the best shampoos for color-treated hair.
This conditioner is formulated to preserve hair’s pigment, enhance shine, and add touchable softness. The formula includes hydrating botanical extracts to nourish hair and maintain color. It’s made for all hair types and protects hair from environmental damage.
Fekkai’s Technician Color Shampoo gently cleanses strands preserving hair’s vibrancy. This color-safe shampoo is ideal for every hue, from platinum blond to deep black. The formula features plum seed oil to enhance color, while plant extracts provide environmental protection to stop color fading and brassiness.
This product pairs perfectly with Fekkai’s Technician Color Conditioner. It protects color-treated hair from fading and enhances vibrancy and shine. The formula includes vitamin B5 for heat protection and rice protein for solar protection, so your hair enjoys long-term health.
This purple bond maintenance shampoo is designed to tone blonde hair to keep brassiness at bay. It strengthens hair to stop breakage and repair split ends. The result is strong, smooth hair and brilliant blond color.
This color conditioner uses violet pigments to neutralize brassy tones, leaving blond hair looking bright between salon visits. The formula includes silk proteins and hibiscus follower extract to add softness and shine.
This moisturizing shampoo bar is formulated to revitalize and repair color-treated locks. It contains hydrating ingredients that alleviate dryness for soft, healthy-looking hair. The bar is sulfate and soap-free, meaning it’s gentle on hair while thoroughly cleansing.
How do you take care of damaged, colored hair?
While your favorite hair color may look fabulous, hair dye and bleach cause significant damage. Here are a few tips to repair your dyed strands.
- Take a break. After every dye job, take at least six weeks off from color and bleach to let your hair repair.
- Use color-safe products. Using color-safe products is essential to keep your color vibrant and avoid damaging your fragile strands.
- Try heatless hairstyles. While repairing your recently colored hair, style your hair without using hot tools to avoid extra damage.
- Use nourishing products. Along with color-safe shampoo and conditioner, try using products such as reparative hair masks, leave-in conditioners, and hair serums.
Does colored hair need a special shampoo?
Colored hair needs color-safe shampoo to help the color last longer. Some shampoos contain sulfates and other harsh chemicals that strip hair color. This means more fading, salon trips, and damage. Color-focused shampoos are designed without stripping ingredients. They’ll also moisturize your hair to assist in the repair process.
What else can you do for long-lasting color?
Here are a few tips so that your hair color lasts longer.
- Shampoo less. Even the best shampoos can cause fading when used too frequently. Try washing your hair less to avoid stripping color.
- Use toning products. If your color has lost its vibrancy, try a toning product to brighten and enhance the color. We love Christophe Robin’s Shade Variation Mask because it comes in four shades.
- Distribute your shampoo correctly. When shampooing your hair, focus the product on your scalp and massage thoroughly. Oil production and product build-up start at the scalp — focusing here and not scrubbing the rest of your hair means your color will last longer.
- Wait to wash. After dying your hair, avoid washing it with shampoo for at least a day to allow the color to set.
Cheers to healthier locks
Watching an exciting new dye job slowly fade is no fun — find the best color-care products on Flip for your unique concerns. Collectively, our creators have put their hair through every dye job imaginable and can direct you toward the best items for your new ‘do.