Enjoy a Stand-Out Look in Minutes With Magnetic Lashes
Everyone loves voluminous, fluttery eyelashes. But we don’t all win the genetic lottery. False eyelashes are the easiest way to create this look yourself, and magnetic lashes make this even easier to achieve.
Magnetic lashes work by connecting to magnetic eyeliner along the lash line. People love them because they’re easy to apply and remove, don’t damage your natural lashes, and don’t require messy adhesive. This tutorial outlines how to apply magnetic lashes and includes some lash-care best practices.
How to apply magnetic lashes
Here’s how to put on magnetic eyelashes in minutes.
- Prep your natural lashes. Make sure your lashes are clean and free of any residual makeup. Use a lash curler on your natural lashes.
- Trim the outer corner of the magnetic lash to fit your eye shape.
- Apply a thin layer of magnetic liner. Apply this liner as you would any other eyeliner. Draw the liner as close to your lash line as possible, precisely where you’d like the lashes to be.
- Apply mascara. Apply your favorite mascara to your lashes before placing the falsies. This helps keep the false lashes in place.
- Wait for the liner to dry. Allow the liner to fully dry before placing the lashes.
- Place lashes along your lash line. Using tweezers, match the magnetic strip with the eyeliner. The lashes should easily stick to the liner.
Magnetic lashes are easy to remove. Pull the upper lash band starting from the outer corner working toward the inner corner. Only pull on the band, not the lashes. Then wash your face to remove the magnetic eyeliner.
Tips for magnetic lashes
Here are some best practices to ensure a successful lash application process.
- Practice using a liquid liner. To successfully secure your lashes, the eyeliner should be smooth, consistent, and in the right place. Practice applying eyeliner with non-magnetic liquid liner so you apply it properly on the first try.
- Apply your lashes last. This tip is unique to magnetic lashes — standard false lash sets should be applied before mascara and eyeshadow.
- Clean and store your lashes. To re-wear your lashes, clean them with gentle soap, makeup remover, or micellar water and store them in their original packaging until your next night out.
Choosing the best magnetic lashes for you
The best lash set for you depends on the look you’re going for. Here are a few tips to help you choose.
- Natural. We recommend using short, round lashes to define your eyes and seamlessly blend with your natural makeup. Our favorite: Glamnetic's XOXO Short Round Lashes.
- Subtle glam. Try a cat eye lash set for a look that’s subtle yet stands out. Our favorite: Glamnetic’s OFC Medium Cat Eye Lashes.
- Bold and dramatic. Big, fluttering falsies are perfect for making a show-stopping statement. Our favorite: Liane V Beauty's Ladies’ Night Out Lashes.
People also ask
How do you apply magnetic lashes with applicators?
If a lash set comes with an applicator, you can use it as you would tweezers. The applicator helps you apply falsies without using your hands. This application method offers more precision and reduces the risk of eye infections.
Can you reuse magnetic lashes?
Magnetic falsies are reusable — but they must be cleaned between wears. Once you’ve removed the lashes, dip a Q-tip in oil-free makeup remover or micellar water. Use it to clean the lash band, focusing on the tiny magnets to remove all liner. Store them in their original packaging.
How long do magnetic lashes stay on?
Magnetic lashes are designed to stay on until makeup removal. Always remove them before bed — sleeping with them on can ruin them and damage your natural lashes. To avoid having them come off early, don’t touch your lashes throughout the day.
Magnetic lashes are only one way to amp up a makeup look — check out product reviews on Flip to find more beauty-enhancing products for you. You’ll find honest and informative videos about the products you’re debating.