All Eyes Will Be On You With These Night Makeup Looks
No matter the occasion, it feels great to nail the makeup assignment. For most of us, work makeup isn’t quite the same as a date-ready look, and evening makeup is when we can go all out.
Night makeup looks are characteristically bold, vibrant, and glam. This guide outlines some of our favorite conversation-starting creations.
Our favorite evening makeup looks
Before choosing a makeup look, consider your plans. A subtle, romantic look like a rose-colored smokey eye might suit date night better than a bedazzled glittery creation. Here are some of our favorite looks to match any occasion.
- Colorful eyeliner is an easy way to get creative with your eye makeup on a night out. It’ll showcase your eyes while also offering you the perfect outfit color-coordination moment.
- A bold lip should be nicknamed “confidence boost on a stick” — it elevates any look, even when opting for no makeup.
- Glittery eyeshadow is a quick way to instantly feel the weekend energy. For a more subtle look, try a metallic shimmer.
- Extra blush creates a bolder, more romantic look. Hot tip: Use the same blush on your eyelids for a cohesive dewy glow.
- Inverted eyeliner is a creative take on the classic cat eye look. Apply the heavier part of the wing tip to your lower lash line.
- A smokey eye is an excellent date night makeup look because it’s sultry and can be played up or down, depending on your plans.
- Lining your lower lash line is a great way to highlight your eyes and add a punch of color. You can use eyeliner or eyeshadow to do this, cleaning up any excess with a Q-tip.
- False eyelashes add drama to any makeup look, including those mentioned above.
Looking for the best way to nail the workday and date night assignment? Here are a few simple ways to touch up your makeup and prepare for your evening plans.
- Switch to darker lipstick. A dark lip color may seem too bold for the office, but it’s perfect for an evening out.
- Add some moody shadow. Layer a darker eyeshadow shade in the crease of your eyelid for a bolder evening look.
- Create a dramatic cat eye. Add a wing tip to your existing eyeliner for an attention-grabbing design.
- Highlight your cheekbones. A great way to freshen up a look and prepare for evening plans is with contouring. Apply bronzer underneath your cheekbones, moving toward your temples. Add a sweep of highlighter onto your cheekbones to accentuate your face shape.
People also ask
What products are best for going-out makeup?
Here are a few essential items for creating amazing going-out looks.
- Narene Beauty Magnificent Matte Lipstick comes in several shades, including a bold red.
- The Sexiest Beauty Diamond Shine Lip Gloss is perfect for accentuating your lips on date night.
- Melt Cosmetics Blueprint Eyeshadow Palette offers fun color combinations sure to grab attention on the dance floor.
- Kaja Wink Stamp Eyeliner creates a winged cat eye in seconds.
- Saie Dew Blush Liquid Cheek Flush provides a youthful glow, perfect for freshening up at the office before evening plans.
- GLAMNETIC Magnetic Lashes instantly add length and volume, drawing attention to your eyes and rounding out your evening look.
What’s the difference between day and night makeup?
Typically, daytime makeup is more subdued than evening makeup. This likely has to do with the lighting and what we do during the day versus the night.
Daylight is more unforgiving than your favorite restaurant’s moody lighting, so wearing something more subtle makes sense. And we won’t necessarily want to spend an hour preparing for work. Plus, some workplace regulations frown upon heavier makeup looks. Events like going out with friends or prepping for a date give us an opportunity to spend extra time creating a dramatic, attention-grabbing look.
That said, there are no strict rules. Rock a bold red lip while working remotely if you like, and head out on the town wearing only your favorite moisturizer if it suits your mood.
How do you take care of your skin after a night out?
Wearing makeup all evening can block your pores and irritate your skin. Here’s a simple routine to combat any damage.
- Remove your makeup with micellar water or makeup remover. Always remove false eyelashes before bed.
- Cleanse your face with a gentle face wash. Massage the product into your face in a circular motion before rinsing thoroughly.
- Apply serums or toner to address specific skincare concerns.
- Apply a nighttime moisturizer to rehydrate your skin.
We also recommend using an exfoliator and a hydrating face mask once a week if you wear makeup daily.
What really defines an evening makeup look is that it’s fun to create. Anything goes, so design something that gives you a confidence boost and has you counting down the seconds until your evening begins.
For more makeup look inspiration, check out tutorials on Flip. Chances are you’ll find a creator with a similar style raving about their favorite products, so you can feel excited about your next purchase.