Feel Prepared and Professional With These Work Makeup Looks
For many of us, work has looked a little different since the spring of 2020. Zoom meetings, comfy sweats, and bed desks replaced in-person office settings and formal corporate discourse.
By now, many organizations globally have asked employees to return to the office. And even if you’re not returning to in-person work, you may feel more prepared for your day by putting on a confidence-boosting makeup look. No matter your current situation, it’s worth learning how to create work makeup looks to feel fresh-faced and excited about each workday.
The basics of professional makeup looks
Before diving into the specifics, here are a few things worth considering when deciding how to do your makeup.
- Consider your workplace. Some workplaces allow for more creativity than others, so think about your work environment and its dress code before pulling out your favorite sparkly eyeshadow.
- Try subtle makeup looks. Subdued yet stylish makeup agrees with every workplace situation and saves you time in the morning if you’d rather save those ultra-glam falsies for nights out.
- Avoid dark shades. Dark eye makeup doesn’t look great under office lighting and is more likely to smudge.
- Focus on your skin. The simplest way to feel fresh-faced is with glowing skin. A good skincare routine, tinted BB cream, and highlighter all go a long way to creating clear, youthful-looking skin.
- Keep it simple. Choose a workplace makeup routine that’s streamlined and quick so you’re never late to a meeting.
- Focus on comfortable products. Avoid wearing uncomfortable products all day long, like makeup that makes your face feel dry and cakey or falsies that may feel distracting or come loose.
Ideas for work makeup
Makeup is a great way to show off your personality at work. Here are a few classic makeup looks worth practicing.
- Create a subtle wing tip. If you love dramatic cat eyes and winged eyeliner, you can easily tweak this for work by drawing a small wing close to your upper lash line.
- Try a dewy look (for dry skin). A matte foundation may feel uncomfortable and flaky if you have dry skin. Create a dewy, comfortable business casual makeup look with tinted moisturizer, liquid concealer, and highlighter. https://flip.shop/pur-4-in-1-tinted-moisturizer-spf20-os-almond-mg5/reviews/aimeelyanne/eea054ba
- Use matte products (for oily skin). If your skin is oily, opt for a mattifying powder foundation and concealer to keep shine at bay all day.
- Focus on your eyebrows. Eyebrows define your face and highlight your natural features. For a super simple makeup routine, fill in and brush your eyebrows. Use highlighter on your brow bone to accentuate their shape to look put together with less effort.
- Use muted eyeshadow. Muted eyeshadow colors like rose, peach, and mauve pair well with nearly every office ensemble. We love essence’s my ROSE will go on eyeshadow palette. The subtle shades are perfect for a basic makeup look.
- Wear a nude lip. Nude lipstick goes with every outfit and occasion. We recommend essence’s this is nude lipstick because it comes in a wide variety of shades, so you can find the perfect one for your skin tone.
- Use colorful eyeliner. Add a pop of color to an otherwise muted look with bright eyeliner. Covergirl’s Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Bold Cobalt will draw attention to your eyes without overwhelming your features.
People also ask
What do I need to create work-friendly makeup?
Here are some essential items for creating simple office-friendly looks.
- Foundation or tinted moisturizer. A flawless base is a great way to feel fresh and ready for the day.
- Concealer. This miracle product hides dark circles and blemishes so you look awake and prepared, even after a late night spent meeting a deadline.
- Mascara. Effortlessly draw attention to your eyes with a great smudge-proof mascara.
- Lip color. Lip gloss, lip balm, and lipstick are all easy ways to amp up a natural or no-makeup look.
- Blush and bronzer. Apply blush and bronzer for a healthy, natural glow.
Do I have to wear makeup to work?
Absolutely not. Wearing makeup is a choice. It makes some people feel more confident and prepared for the day, and for others it’s an unnecessary hassle and expense. Wear makeup when you want to!
Should I take makeup products to the office?
If you like wearing makeup to work or often have plans straight afterward, it can be nice to have a few essentials at the office. We recommend some type of cover-up (foundation, BB cream, tinted moisturizer) for smudges, redness, and tired eyes. Highlighter is an excellent way to refresh a look, and mascara and lipstick are great if you’ve got a fancy event post-shift or want to put in minimal effort.
Feel great about Monday morning
Having a simple yet fool-proof work makeup routine is a great feeling. It’s another way to care for yourself, organize your routine, and feel prepared for the day ahead.
For other makeup ideas and wellness tips, check out video reviews on Flip. Our community has your back, providing candid, informative chats about the beauty industry’s top products.