Feel Instantly Relaxed With These Scented Candles
Making a space feel like home takes some work. The perfect accent lamp for warm lighting, comfy throws, and fluffy pillows are home decor items that make a room your own. Like your favorite blanket, a scented candle instantly comforts and fills a space with your favorite scent.
With so many candle scents available, it can be difficult to choose. Here are 13 of the best-smelling candles on Flip to help you create a home you don’t wanna leave.
This eco-friendly soy wax candle is vegan, paraben-free, and cruelty-free. It features a long-lasting burn, so you can enjoy the warm vanilla and spice smell all autumn.
Immerse yourself in the perfect summer sunset with bergamot, hay, and golden poppy scents. This soy candle is poured into a custom-printed tin vessel with art inspired by California scenery.
This candle features notes of rosewood, pink pepper, and tonka bean for a relaxing, cozy scent. It’s the best candle for home decor because it comes in a chic gold bowl.
This sweet birthday cake candle instantly transforms any room into a bakery. Embrace the scent of gooey buttercream with this celebration-ready candle.
This wood-wick candle is made from lavender essential oil and soy wax. The scent is relaxing without being overwhelming for a soothing experience. Plus, it comes in a reusable glass jar.
This candle fills any room with the rich and comforting scents of vanilla, cocoa, cedar wood, and patchouli. It’s hand-poured and made of soy wax.
This hand-poured soy wax candle features basil, mint, and lavender top notes to create a sweet yet fresh scent. The base notes are musk and orange blossom for a complex, citrusy smell. The small size is perfect for a bathroom or office, while the largest fills a living room with a relaxing fragrance.
This light rose candle features hints of sweet pear for a bright, energizing scent. It’s cruelty-free, vegan, and features a 55-hour burn time.
This large jar candle features eucalyptus, sea salt, redwood, and palo santo. The ocean-inspired scent makes your home smell like the seaside.
This candle fills your room with the energizing scents of bergamot, lemon, and ginger — perfect for sick days at home. It comes in an aesthetically pleasing gold tin to amp up your home decor.
Embrace aromatherapy with a calming candle that instantly relaxes all in its presence. Cherry blossoms, magnolia, rose, and sandalwood combine to create chill vibes.
This candle boasts a long-lasting burn, filling your home with a musky, earthy scent all week. It’s eco-friendly and made with a soy-wax blend and a cotton wick.
This bakery-inspired candle features bergamot, vetiver, and patchouli for a warm, relaxing scent. All DILO candles are phthalate-free and made with cotton wicks for clean, safe burning.
Are candles bad for you?
Not all candles are created equal. While most candles are harmless (as long as they don’t set your house on fire), one study found that burning paraffin wax candles may harm humans and the environment.
Yet in 2007, the European Candle Association studied multiple wax types, including paraffin and beeswax, and determined that burning them is not harmful to people. To avoid the potential risk, seek out soy and coconut-wax candles.
How do you choose a candle?
Here are several important factors to consider when picking out the best candle for you.
- Scent. Consider the atmosphere you want to set in your home and the types of scents you’re typically drawn to. Scented candles fit into several categories, including fruity, floral, warm, gourmand, and citrus. Each corresponds to a mood — fruity and citrus scents are often described as energizing; warm and gourmand scents are known to be comforting. Identifying the mood and type of fragrance you like will help you choose.
- Burn time. If you’re trying out a scent for the first time, maybe select a smaller candle with a lower burn time. That way, you won’t waste a candle if you hate the scent when burning. Once you’ve found your ideal type, look for a long-lasting candle, so you don’t have to continually purchase new ones.
- Materials. Candles are made from different materials. To avoid potential health risks, avoid paraffin. Soy and coconut-wax candles are great for those that wish to avoid using animal by-products.
- Brand. Look for candle brands that use clean ingredients and offer reusable jars and tins.
- Price. Some luxury candle brands have more ethical manufacturing policies and create more well-rounded, complex scents that last longer. There are also amazing candles at an affordable price — we recommend reading reviews and checking out brand website details to ensure you get something worth buying.
How can I safely burn a candle?
Here are a few tips for safe candle burning.
- Avoid placing anything flammable near the flame, like curtains or papers.
- Extinguish the candle entirely before leaving home.
- Keep it out of small childrens’ reach.
- Wait to move the candle after extinguishing it, as the hot melted wax could burn you or damage your things.
Enjoy the best-scented candle for your space
Scented candles are an easy way to instantly cozy up a room. They’re long-lasting and bring comfort and scent consistency to your home.
To find more ambiance-boosting products, check out video reviews on Flip. Our creators are constantly raving about their favorite wellness products, so you can feel excited about clicking “Add to Cart.”